SARA J. GHAFFARI
Sara.J.Ghaffari@gmail.com :: 1.510.725.5476 :: linkedin.com/in/sara-ghaffari
Freelance Fashion & Prop Stylist 2017-PRESENT
APPLE, AUDI, BIRDIES SLIPPERS, MODCLOTH
San Francisco, CA 2017-Present
Lead Stylist on set, responsible for selecting and procuring all apparel, accessories, and select props for shoots. Creates and styles all outfits across Men’s & Women’s for individual and groups of models. Have styled on-figure still shots and video, as well as product laydowns.
San Francisco, CA 2018
Online Personal Styling; designing outfits for VIP clients across the country, tailored to each individual’s taste, budget, and myriad preferences. Heavily based in Luxury sector.
Gap Inc. 2000-2016
BANANA REPUBLIC FACTORY STORE (BRFS)
San Francisco, CA 2010-2016
Global Head of Styling & Visual Merchandising Manager
Lead stylist for multi-national brand, worked to create a seamless and cohesive customer experience through styling. Selected and styled all Men’s and Women’s on-figure and mannequin looks, totaling around 250 outfits per season. Combined Key Item Drivers (large buys) with fashion pieces to support commercial plan and marketing strategies and drive sales. Images from photo shoots leveraged across all customer-facing platforms including e-commerce site, print ads, direct mail,
e-mail, in-store marketing, window posters, and social media. Collaborated with heads of Design and Marketing on styling and art direction of seasonal photo shoots and was responsible for all on-set styling and outfit/product change decisions.
- Implemented company’s 360-degree customer experience by integrating online, in-store, and e-mail stories through styling, leading to highly successful product launches and store promotions.
- Directly impacted increase in Units Per Transaction (UPTs) and sell-through by strategic selection of product highlighted on mannequins and in marketing.
- Served as integral part of bananarepublicfactory.com launch, with first fiscal year sales exceeding forecasted expectations.
- Worked with online team to create online-specific stories, balancing
e-commerce priorities and messages with in-store marketing needs.
- Lead monthly presentations to President of Banana Republic, BRFS Vice President, and Heads of Office.
- Solely responsible for all Women’s (and previously Men’s) in-store Visual Merchandising; direction implemented across all stores in North America, Europe, and Japan (~150 stores).
- Created all looks for window and in-store mannequins (~190/season) appealing to Men’s, Women’s, and Petites customers.
- Managed team’s Studio Assistant and Graphic Designer.
BANANA REPUBLIC FACTORY STORE (BRFS)
San Francisco, CA 2006 – 2010
Merchandise Assistant (MA)
Owned Assistant Merchant responsibilities for BRFS Men’s Suiting Department; 6% ($10m) total annual retail of Men’s Division. Developed strategies driving significant Ret$, GM$ and GM% comps for four consecutive seasons. Supported merchandising teams with sample management, implementing price changes, and completing purchase orders.
- Partnered with Inventory Management (planning and distribution) to create business and marketing strategies for Men’s Suiting Department; launched new fits, created strategic store distribution plans and increased ticket prices to boost GM$.
- Selected all fabrics and trims for each suit; worked with tech (tailoring) teams to improve as well as create new fits.
Emeryville / Mission Viejo, CA 2005 – 2006
Sole member of Visual Merchandising Team, responsible for implementing all window and in-store displays for two stores.
- Communicated merchandising opportunities and priorities to managers and VMM.
- Created and adapted displays to meet unique store layout and customer needs
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
GRACE INTERIORS, Alameda, CA
PAUL SMITH, London, England
Women’s Apparel Intern
BANANA REPUBLIC & GAP / GAP KIDS / BABY GAP / GAP BODY
Oakland / Belmont Shore / Costa Mesa, CA
Sales Associate, Visual Team
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Family and Consumer Sciences: Fashion Merchandising, Dean’s List, California State University Long Beach, CA, 2001-2006
University of London, Bloomsbury, Spring 2004
Word | Excel | PowerPoint | Photoshop | Adobe | InDesign | Mac & PC Literate